2018 CrashMania Full Size Truck Rules
For a printable version CLICK HERE
1. All trucks must tech to the 2018 Rules – Previously run trucks included. Note: OEM means original equipment of the manufacturer.
2. All trucks will be inspected before entering the arena.
3. All winning trucks will be re-inspected prior to leaving the arena area and before payout. No pit crew members will be allowed in the arena during the re-inspection of winning trucks. Drivers can be scored down or disqualified, if they have not complied with the derby rules and/or the official’s decision in tech inspections.
General Build Rules
1. All glass, chrome, plastic, exterior mirrors, headlights, taillights, chrome rings, emblems, grills, and flammable materials must be removed except the driver’s seat. Glass must be removed. Rear seats must be removed.
2. Batteries must be removed from engine area and moved to the inside of vehicle and placed in a securely mounted battery box or steel frame, placed in the passenger floor area or back seat area. No wooden boxes or plastic milk crates.
3. All batteries will be covered with rubber inner tube or other nonconductive material to protect the driver.
4. Radiator must be stock automobile and in original stock position. No additional radiator supports or mounts, only wire, garden hose, straps or plastic ties may be added. No water inside of car.
5. Must remove spare tire.
6. Tire and wheel combination optional. Valve stem protectors OK. No liquid filled tires.
7. Numbers must be 18 inches tall in clear contrasting paint. Roof Sign recommended. If you do not use a roof sign, you must have numbers on the roof and on each side of the car. Roof sign can in no way be used to strengthen car.
8. No 1 ton trucks allowed.
9. 4wd trucks are allowed as long as one drive-line is removed. Only 2WD power allowed.
10. Any racing or OEM seat may be used. Must be securely mounted
1. Seat belts are required. Must be stock shoulder/lap belt or racing harness lap belt minimum. 4-point harness recommended. Seat belts must remain buckled during the entire time of the heat. EXCEPTION: FIRE.
2. DOT approved safety helmets are required, and must stay on during the entire length of time of the derby.
3. Safety gloves/glasses MUST be worn by all drivers.
4. Fire extinguisher recommended– mounted securely, easily accessible to driver.
5. A front and driver’s window screen is allowed and recommended. Easily removed window net is recommended on driver’s window.
6. If the derby is stopped twice for fire on the same truck, you may be counted out at that point by officials’ discretion.
7. Truck must exhibit the ability to stop at all times. Brake failure will result in disqualification.
8. Gas tanks must be a safe container of steel construction. Example: Jeep can or boat tank and must be approved by an official. NO PLASTIC containers unless completely surrounded by securely mounted steel.
9. Gas tanks must be securely placed and must be bolted/welded and/or chained solid. Tanks must be capped and behind the driver in the rear seat area or the front of the truck bed.
10. Gas tank protectors are allowed and recommended.
a. Do not attach to frame in anyway.
b. Cannot be wider than the frame rails.
c. Cannot extend past the front of the rear axle.
11. Stock gas tanks cannot be used unless in front of rear axle and inside the frame rails. If not used, stock tank must be removed or have a large hole drilled and completely empty.
Frame & Body
1. All bed mounts and hardware must remain stock. No changing bolts sizes.
2. No welding body to frame.
3. You may weld any seam from the firewall forward. Body or frame seams allowed. (Firewall forward is from the front cab body mounts).
4. You may weld any seam from the rear axle back.
5. No reinforcements to body, frame, or suspension unless rules specify.
6. Bed sides may be folded behind the middle of the rear fender wells. The tailgate may be bolted down using up to 1" all-thread. Bolt may be welded or bolted to the frame, not both.
7. You may weld a plate from bed to cab to help keep the bed attached. Max 6" x 6" x 1/8" plate on each side.
8. Firewall may be cut to accommodate rear mount distributors. All holes must be covered with non-flammable material. If the middle of firewall is completely cut out, you must have a vertical windshield bar on both sides of the cut out from the roof to the dash. You may add a horizontal cross bar between the vertical windshield bars only if the middle of the dash is completely cut out.
9. No chains or U-Bolts allowed around body to frame on any truck.
10. No trailer hitches. No objects protruding outside of truck. If officials determine that a truck is unsafe it will not be allowed to run until fixed.
11. Frames must be in OEM condition on any and all vehicles other than stated above. NO ADDED METAL (INCLUDING WELDS).
Hood & Core Support
1. You may run maximum 1-inch all-thread through the core support. It can be bolted through the frame or welded to the frame but not both. Do not weld the all thread to the core support.
2. Hoods can have a maximum of 6 mounting points. All-thread through the core support does not count as a mounting point.
3. You may bolt or chain hood to the inner fender well. Max washer size is 6x6x1/4. You may weld the bolt directly to the fender with no plate. Max 1” bolt or all-thread. Max 3/8-inch chain. Chain may only wrap once at any point.
4. Chain or strap around the bumper to hood or trunk is allowed but will be counted as a hood mounting point.
5. Any chains used may not be directly in front of the radiator.
6. Factory hinges are counted as mounting POINTS if not removed.
7. Hoods CANNOT be welded.
Doors & Tailgate
1. Doors and tailgate must be securely fastened shut.
d. You may chain or weld door seams shut. You may use up to 3/4-inch round stock or 2"x 1/4" strap on the door and tail gate.
2. Doors must be chained and/or welded shut securely, maximum 2-inch x ¼-inch thick metal strap or ¾-inch round-rod may be used as filler. Chains must be a minimum 1/8-inch and a maximum of 3/8-inch chain. No chain can exceed 4 feet in length anywhere on the vehicle. If welding, you may only weld up to 50% of the entire door perimeter.
1. Bumper swaps allowed. Only automotive/truck bumpers allowed. No homemade bumpers on front or overly fabricated on the rear.
2. You may weld bumper to bracket and bracket to frame.
3. Bumper brackets must be one complete piece. You cannot cut them in half or reconfigure in any way and reattach them to the truck.
4. No braces welded or added to bumper. Bumper cannot be welded to truck body.
5. Chain or strap around the bumper to hood or trunk is allowed but will be counted as a hood mounting point.
6. Bumper tips and fender wells may be trimmed. No reinforcing with added metal.
7. You may weld bumper seams but each end must be open for inspection. No loaded or capped bumpers.
Roll Cage/Door bars
1. A door bar on driver’s side door area is mandatory with minimum 6” channel. Passenger door bar strongly recommended. The door bars cannot extend past the beginning of the wheel-well openings.
2. Inside door bars are allowed and must be padded.
3. Inside door bars may not extend through firewall or rear wheel well and may not be attached to frame.
4. Drivers door (only) may have a steel/metal plate up to 3/8-inch thick welded to door skin only. May not cover any of the door seams.
5. Inside door bars are allowed and must be padded. Inside door bars may not extend through firewall or rear sheet metal and may not attach directly to the frame.
6. Must have at least 1 vertical upright bar. 2 vertical bars recommended. May be attached to sheet metal only, not to the frame. Max 6-inch diameter for roll bar material.
7. You are NOT required to remove the dash.
8. IF dash is removed, you must install a dash bar from side to side, above the steering column. Dash bar cannot be connected to window bars.
1. Window bars or bands:
a. Max material size is 3x3x1/4 square tube or 4x3/8-inch flat bar.
b. Maximum 2 vertical front window bars
c. IF the middle portion of the firewall is completely cut out, you must run a window bar on each side of the cut out firewall to the roof.
i. You may run 1 horizontal bar between each vertical window bar if the firewall is cut out between them. Horizontal bar may not be within 10 inches of the distributor protector.
2. May add 2 rear window bars to truck cabs. Suburban style bodies may not add rear window bars.
a. Max material size is 3x3x1/4 square tube or 4x3/8-inch flat bar.
1. Rear end back bracing may be used on only the rear end itself and should in no way strengthen the frame or body of a truck. No added metal within 10 inches of brake drums.
a. No reinforcing of control arms or welding from frame to rear end.
b. Heavily modified axles will be subject to tech approval. Call ahead if you’re unsure.
c. No axle-savers.
2. Spring spacers and stuffed shocks are allowed.
3. Sliders shaft drivelines OK
4. Locked rear ends
5. Aftermarket steering
a. No reinforcing
b. No reconfiguring where boxes mount
c. 1 extra knuckle
6. Any tire and wheel combination may be used. No liquid filled tires.
7. Valve stem protectors ok.
1. Through hood exhaust is OK.
2. Must have a minimum 12” x 12” inspection hole in the hood.
3. Floor Shift/After-market Cable shift
4. Electric Radiator fans.
5. Hand throttle – (Return Springs).
6. Transmission coolers. Must be inside of truck & covered. DOUBLE CLAMPED
7. Air conditioner radiator, one (1) only.
8. Engine location may be moved but must remain within 3 inches of stock positioning.
9. A hose attached to the transmission filler tube (Burp Tube) for fire safety.
10. Lower engine cradles allowed.
a. Cannot be welded to frame.
b. Must not come up sides, in front or behind engine.
c. Cannot be connected to Distributor protector in any way.
d. No pulley protectors
11. Distributor protectors allowed.
e. Cannot be attached to or within 10-inches of the dash bar.
12. No trans braces
13. Carb protector not allowed.
Unless otherwise stated in these rules, there will be absolutely no added metal or non-factory parts or equipment added to any car.
No one under 15 is allowed to drive in the event (under 18 must have Parent/Guardian signature, both must have valid ID)
Must have current, valid state driver’s license or permit.
Must sign waiver and release form day of race.
Any questions on truck rules feel free to contact Johnny brown at 509-301-7161 or Cody Taylor at 541-215-9316 or e-mail email@example.com